Why are we told that we have to have a website
No matter what training for a home business I've done, they all seem to tell you that in order to drive traffic and get a list- you have to have a website.
But isn't that why we have affiliate links, leading our traffic to their capture page? And then they sign up, we get the credit and the commission.
And one of the reasons most of us get into working from home
1.We want more freedom
2. We want more money
3. We don't have a lot of
money to spned
A website costs money and not a one time fee, it's a monthly fee, plus you need to buy a domain name. Now a domain name is a yearly expense, but there again, a lot of us don't have a lot of money to be putting into a business.
My point for all of this, is, doesn't a blog basically do the same thing for us? I can usnderstand if you have your own product(s) to sell, then it would make more sense to have your own website and domain name. But, if you're being more of an affiliate than I think a blog would do the same thing. Since you can drive people to your blog post.
If you review others products and home businesses, then you can send your contacts or prospective contacts to your blog.
One business opportunity that I looked into gave me some great advice and did drive more traffic and increase my list but then after so many days of joing TE's and getting traffic through them (all being led to their capture page- with my affiliate link), I was told to get a website so I could do business reviews. I was able to try the website for $1 for 7 days and then after that it would be $9.97/mo. (Oh, and he was affiliated with this)
Now I do review new and upcoming product and business opportunities, but if I really want people to join a business I believe in, I'd rather just send them directly to the capture page or squeeze page then take them to a website and then they click on a link that will take them to my squeeze page and then to the product. That just seems like a lot of running around and somewhere along the way, I might lose them.
I'd like to hear from you to let me know what you think.
so far, out of all the businesses that I've tried, there's been one that hasn't told me to get a website and actually, it's cost me nothing (unless I've decided to buy solo ads or other advertising) If you'd like to get some good advice and join for FREE, check it out here.
Now I do have a website http://www.scoojo.com
but I found it for FREE (for the first year) and it comes with a FREE domain. It comes pre-done. You choose the l;ayout, the look, you can change it up to how you like, but for me, that's just one more thing for me to have to keep up with.
Maybe when I grow to a huge company, I'll think about getting another website but for now,I'll stick with this one, just cause it's free.
If you'd like to check out for a free website go here: http://websites.intuit.com

No comments:
Post a Comment